NPI Program Manager
Symmetricom (NASDAQ: SYMM), a world leader in precise time solutions, sets the world’s standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure and metrology industries. Symmetricom’s customers, from communications service providers and network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using the company’s advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions. All products support today’s precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
Our San Jose-based NPI team is in search of a Coordinator/Program Manager to be the primary interface between engineering design team, NPI Operations team and manufacturing partners.
Global Ops/ San Jose CA
- Primary interface between engineering design team, NPI Operations team and manufacturing partners (e.g. Contract Manufacturers) to ensure material readiness for all development prototype and pilot builds
- Coordinates schedule assignments with various supporting personnel (buyer, planner, Mfg Engr, CM)
- Reports on schedule and issues at weekly Project team and Functional (Ops/NPI) team meetings
- Identifies, develops and assists with risk avoidance solutions and value engineering activities (component selection, process improvements and design changes).
- Execute smooth transitions of engineering prototypes to production as necessary.
- Maintain full ownership of complete NPI process for each assigned product.
- Organize and document workflows, develop and manage cross-functional and external relationships, professionally and diligently identify and close or escalate all issues to ensure success.
- Maintain frequent regular communication with all stakeholders to ensure no surprises.
- Develop and maintain metrics which measure performance of the NPI support process and participate in corrective action and continual improvement efforts to increase process effectiveness.
- AS or BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience in commercial product development industry.
- Minimum 5 years in program management or similar role in manufacturing operations including direct experience working with both engineering and Contract Manufacturers.
- Expertise in quick turn, pilot builds and transition to production processes.
- Hands-on detail oriented professional with strong multi-tasking skills and ability to meet challenging schedules.
- Exceptional communication skills including ability to keep track of, clarify, reiterate, escalate if needed, and ensure closure of complex and challenging issues.
Company offers Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays, and much more.
No relocations or third party agencies please!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply